Open Access Research Case Study
(During my placement year at Aston University)
Project Goal: To increase awareness of Open Access Research at Aston University
Aston University needed…
The Aston University research support office needed to increase the awareness of open access research amongst academics and researchers at the university. This involved creating social media posts, blog copy, as well as an email campaign to all researchers at the university. The goal was to encourage more researchers to make their research open access.
• Created original social media posts around the topic of open access research for the Aston University’s research Twitter page.
• Written a blog post around the topic of open access research.
• Created and sent out an email to all researchers at the university.
• Helped draft the university’s first open access research policy.
• Clear and engaging content
• Shared multiple times on social media by researchers
• A sincere interest and positive feedback from the academic community at Aston and across the globe